Thursday 21 February 2013

Mark Tufo interview 2, on the release of Timothy 2


Mark Tufo Interview 2, on the Imminent Release of Tim 2
Hi Mark once again, thanks to agreeing to a second interview. So exciting times for you! With the release of a new book, not just any book the second in your popular Timothy series.

Hi Daniel thank you for having me back. Funny about Timothy I never intended a series considering the first one was only a novella.

Q. As a tiny recap what is Timothy all about?
A.  Timothy, in a nutshell, is about a man who fights tooth and nail to remain alive inside a zombie infected body. And he just might be mean enough to pull it off.

Q. In comparison to the first book Mark is this one, if possible gorier?
A. Umm gorier? Not sure if that’s possible. It is as dark and definitely has it’s disturbing parts. This one takes a few turns I think few will be expecting.

Q. How long did this one, compared to the first, take you to write?
A. Timothy was only a novella that I had submitted to Severed Press, it’s roughly 35k words and I was writing that one on and off for about 6 months. In that time frame I was writing ZF5 and moving cross country. Tim2 which is a full length novel only took me a couple of months.

Q. Was it easier to slip into writing this as you already had the character premade?
A. When I finished the first book, I decided I loved Timothy. Oh not the man because he was a narcissistic socio-path, just the idea of being able to dwell so deep into my psyche. Messing around in the dark corners of my mind was a fun trip.

Q. Can you tell us of any changes from first to second?
A. Well Tim hasn’t learned any lessons if that’s what you’re asking. The biggest change might be in how Tim2 launches. Other than that I don’t really want to give anything away.

Q. If you haven’t already said is this one from Timothy’s point of view again?
A. Yup straight through the psychotic’s eyes. Once again not a book for the faint of heart. Tim does not have a filter on any of his beliefs.

Q. When can we expect to see your book on sale for all formats, kindle/soft cover etc.?
A. My goal is to have the first revisions done by the end of February, then off to the editor, then the nest set of rewrites done, end of March, early April. So hopefully mid-April for launch on all formats.

Q. Have you left an open ending, or if that’s giving to much away can we expect to ever see a Timothy 3?
A. Tim cubed? Yeah there’s an opening. Not sure if my therapist will think that’s a good idea though.

Q. Did you enjoy writing this as much as the last?
A. I did, I had wanted to go back to this ‘place’ for a while now. So it’s cathartic to have done so.

Q. Lastly what can we expect to see out next?
A. Well first it will be Tim 2, then A Shrouded World - which is a collaboration with John O’Brien. The Book of Riley part 3, A super secret project I cannot divulge, then Indian Hill 4, The Hanging Tree, Zombie Fallout 7 and then Book of Riley part 4. That should be the next year and a half I suppose.

Thanks for this interview Mark hopefully more in the future with any other releases and I look forwards to doing a review of it to!


Thanks for having me!

As always folks you can like my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/TheHorrorNation?ref=hl 
for snippets and insights i wont stick on my blog
and follow me on twitter @thehorrornation 
and keep an eye out mid year for Marks Tim 2 book!

2 comments:

  1. Nice interview guys!! Looking forward to Tim2. Timothy was disturbingly awesome!! Lisa Williams from FL.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview!

    Wes Harding

    ReplyDelete