Friday 29 January 2021

Review: Another Wolf Cop (2017)

Image result for another wolf copStars: Kevin Smith!, Leo Farfad

Budget: $3million CAD

Directed By: Lowell Dean

What a bizarre amazing find I found here a little while ago, yes its the second one and I STILL haven't watched the first one yet either.
This is one of those just fun films that translates that feeling right to the screen. With a strangely half decent story-line to boot too!
Even if it isn't translated that way with not the best acting or cutting/editing of films ever.
The effects mostly being practical look great for the budget, I can't find nothing to complain about the wolfcop make-up or suit either.

Made for 3m canadian dollars, about 2.3 US or 1.7 UK. The film doesn't star anyone really famous but does have a few familiar Canadian faces.
What was bloody strange was seeing Kevin smith pop up as Mayor Bubba (uncredited too!).
I also like the play on names, with the main character being Lou Garou, a play on loup garou (werewolf).
Filmed in and around Ontario in 2016. These films are a tribute to 80's style action and filming too.

So as I said I haven't seen the first film so I didn't know any of these characters from the off set. Lou or Wolfcop is apparently an alcoholic werewolf police officer, he got changed in the first film somehow due to an evil company, is all i can gather.

I think it ends up being the same company in this one from what i can gather from the plot, which is some evil guys make some beer that impregnate the populace with aliens. Which like Alien causes a phallic like alien to burst out of the host. There's also some subplot that a guy from the first film is back but he's not the same guy, I have read shape-shifters have something to do with the first one too.
I really need to go back and watch it.

Lou has to stop this nefarious plan along with the help of his two other cop friends, one incompetent one hard core.

Yeah I enjoyed this, I've seen some people say it's not as good as the first but considering this is my first and I enjoyed it I have high hopes when I eventually see it.
THN awards Another Wolfcop a strong 3 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment