Tuesday 10 May 2022

Review: Flight 7500 (2014)

Stars: Amy Smart, Ryan Kwanten
Budget: est. 5million
Directed By: Takashi Shimizu


A thriller/horror from Mr Shimizu of the Ju-on fame. Film in 2014 it took till 2016 to be widely released.
It stars a host of recognisable faces from around that time too. Such as Amy Smart and Leslie Bibb as well as others.

I'm surprised I've never seen or even heard of this movie before. It has a weird kind of Ghost Ship or house on haunted hill vibes for sure when you start watching it.
It actually had me guessing too as to what the he'll was actually going on, I mean I had 3 things in my head.
1. It's a monster
2. They are all dead
Or
3. Its a hallucinogenic experience.
I'll get more into it later but I was right with one of them so I wasn't to clueless. Quite seasoned to acting everyone does a good job in their roles.

So there's a flight, 7500 in fact we see many of our protagonists boarding the plane as the crew go through preflight.
They all seem to have something up with them. The newly weds but the wife is a hypochondriac. Smart and her partner have something in their past too. These all come up into focus at later times in the film. 

One of the more mysterious of the bordees is a man with a weird box. He later dies due to some complications. This is a little odd with it's timing and the overall plot of the film as I couldn't work out if it was due to this, after this or because of this other things happen.
Anyway this freaks out a few people as is course of things. Now a plot point introduced earlier comes into play.
When a seemingly drop in pressure endangers everyone, Smarts boyfriend (who us a paramedic and tried to help the guy eaflier) dashes around trying to help people again. There seems something wrong with the air masks too. Anyway after some worry it all calms down. Weird shit starts happening and they believe it's to do with the guy who died.

So some people vanish or are supposedly killed along the way. They look through his stuff and find a Shinigami death doll. If you know anything this solidified one of my theories if you know what that doll means. 

I want spoil anymore as usual, this film was pretty okay if you like any of the earlier movies I mentioned. THN awards Flight 7500 a reasonable 3 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment